Over this weekend, I drafted my conference abstract, here is the title: Examining Normalized Channel Steepness within the Basin and Range, Colorado Plateau and Transition Zone Physiographic Provinces of Utah, USA. Extending the work I've had ongoing with Parker Farnworth and Veronica Richards since their final semester at UVU. In this talk (hopefully), I'll look more closely at the geospatial relationships across Utah's geographic provinces at both range scale, catchment scale, and importantly, I will first subdivide all areas up by rock resistance/strength for more appropriate comparisons. \ I also booked two nights hotel in Auckland, a flight to Wellington with one hotel night there, my hotel in Christchurch for the week-long conference, a flight to Queenstown for exploring the Southern Alps (hope to take a biking trip and a fjord cruise), and finally a flight back to Auckland along with one night's accommodation there before flying back to the US. Should be a wonder...
Just bullet points: Finished a full draft of the second chapter (DEM derived products and Topographic differencing) for my advanced GIS textbook. Still need to do edits and tidy up some references. Will complete that this week. Next week will check in with Thousand Lake coauthors and try to finish a long overdue draft of the Dry Lake Valley Trench study along the San Andreas Fault. Goal will be end of September for that. Will feel good if I can get two manuscripts in review before December and a full draft of the GIS textbook by Christmas. January will be preparations for the IAG conference and Spring will be Topliff Hills and Genola North Fault studies. Would feel really great to have all those done before June 2026. Tori’s lymph nodes biopsy was negative (no sign of cancer spread)! Still watching her surgery site with fingers crossed. I do feel some weird nodules, quite pointy, small, and several of them, very unlike the original tumor. I really wish that they are just sca...
This week I drafted most of the text of chapter 2 of the advanced GIS book that I am writing (10 pages of writing so far). I also created 3 figures, but I still need to create 5 more figures and I need to create two separated practical application sections of the chapter along with accompanying video examples. This will likely the be next week's work. It would be great to be able to finish the chapter in just two weeks! Tori's results from her radiography and ultra sound came back as positive news with no sign of spread to the lungs or other vital organs. The results from the lymph node biopsies on her leg have not yet come back and we are also waiting on some other blood work. While she is really quite happy and playful with the cooler weather that has arrived, I am worried that I can feel some small bumps on her leg near the surgery scar. I really hope these are not already re-growth of the tumor, but that is possible given it's aggressive nature. If true then additional...
Comments
Post a Comment