Over this weekend, I drafted my conference abstract, here is the title: Examining Normalized Channel Steepness within the Basin and Range, Colorado Plateau and Transition Zone Physiographic Provinces of Utah, USA. Extending the work I've had ongoing with Parker Farnworth and Veronica Richards since their final semester at UVU. In this talk (hopefully), I'll look more closely at the geospatial relationships across Utah's geographic provinces at both range scale, catchment scale, and importantly, I will first subdivide all areas up by rock resistance/strength for more appropriate comparisons. \ I also booked two nights hotel in Auckland, a flight to Wellington with one hotel night there, my hotel in Christchurch for the week-long conference, a flight to Queenstown for exploring the Southern Alps (hope to take a biking trip and a fjord cruise), and finally a flight back to Auckland along with one night's accommodation there before flying back to the US. Should be a wonder...
Well spring 2026 is over. So technical is sabbatical. But now it’s summer! I’ve received news of success with the Geosphere manuscript and I am working on copy edits for that paper now. The journal Remote Sensing rejected my LiDAR differencing paper about ground subsidence in Cedar Valley despite two positive reviews and one negative one. So I reformatted and made a few small edits and submitted the Manuscript to Earth’s Future which is more about results and application than mythological focus which was the criticism by the one reviewer. I also go through the very helpful edits by Dr Bunds and sent the Topliff Hills manuscript to the rest of our coauthors. Got 10+ survey responses from Students that used my OER draft book. Will work to make edits before the start of fall. Planning to submit a tectonic geomorphology paper with Parker and Veronica to a special issue stemming from the ICG meeting. Also contemplating how to move forward with the Genola north fault p...
Happy to report that it has finally become winter in northern Utah. December and early January's abnormally high temperatures (50 degrees nearly every day) have dipped to a seasonal 35 and it even snowed (a little). We need snowpack for our long dry and warm summers! Cannot say I didn't enjoy my gravel bike riding along the Bonneville shoreline this past week, but this is the time of year bike trainers were made for. Grateful to have had a restful break without the grind of prepping classes in just two weeks. Instead I was able to finish a draft of the Advanced GIS Textbooklet which Dr. Olson is utilizing in his class and I prepared my talk for the IAG meeting in Christchurch, New Zealand at the beginning of next month. (abstract can be found here: https://confer.eventsair.com/iag2026 ). After getting some feedback from the coauthors, I will probably upload a version of the talk to my YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/@nathantoke5266 For now, here is a screen capt...
Comments
Post a Comment